If you are like me, a small crease in your favorite shoes can drive you absolutely nuts. In this article about the best shoe crease protectors, I’m here to help save you from that same frustration.
Shoes are expensive and for many of you, they are also coveted collections. Having said that, you may want to occasionally wear those shoes, and the best shoe crease protectors are important to have.
Most people don’t spend a lot of time taking care of their shoes. In fact, a lot of people may not even think about it until after they have already scuffed them up. This can be a huge mistake, especially if you have invested in a nice pair of shoes.
The good news is that there are products available that can help protect your shoes from getting creased and looking old prematurely. Let’s discuss the best shoe crease protectors on the market in 2023 and how they can help keep your shoes looking new – I speak from experience!
The 6 Best Shoe Crease Protectors With Pros & Cons
ForceField Shoe Toe Box Crease Protectors (Best Overall)
The ForceField Shoe Toe Box is one of the best shoe crease protectors on the market as they come with a unique design that’s comfortable and easy to wear.
They are made to be inserted into the toe box of your shoes, which makes them very discrete.
In addition, they are made from a soft foam material that is comfortable and an adhesive layer that keeps them in place while walking. Unlike some other crease protectors I’ve tried, these will not rub against your foot.
ForceField Shoe Crease Protector Pros:
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Made from soft and comfortable materials
- The adhesive keeps it in place
- Ventilation holes keep your sneaker odor-free.
- Will not rub against your foot.
ForceField Shoe Crease Protector Cons:
- Some people found that they didn’t stay in place well.
- It can be difficult to insert into the toe of some shoes.
URATOT Shoe Crease Protectors (Best Budget-Friendly Option)
These URATOT shoe crease protectors are a great budget-friendly option. They come in a pack of 12, which is enough to protect multiple pairs of shoes.
They are made from a soft silicone material that is comfortable and can be trimmed to fit your shoes.
They’re also available in a variety of colors and have an adhesive back for extra security.
URATOT Shoe Crease Protector Pros:
- Comes in a pack of 12
- Made from soft silicone material
- It can be trimmed to fit your shoes
- Adhesive backing keeps them in place.
URATOT Shoe Crease Protector Cons:
- Some customers have complained that the sizing chart is wrong.
- There have been reports of the shoe crease protector not staying in place.
Sneak Geek Shoe Crease Protectors (For Men’s Sneakers)
These SneakGeek shoe crease protectors are a customer favorite with a rating of over four stars. They come in a pack of two, which is enough to protect multiple pairs of shoes. It forms a mold inside the shoes and forms an odor-less crease-protective layer that’s well-ventilated and washable.
It’s important to note that these are primarily used as crease protectors for men’s sneakers.
Sneak Geek Shoe Crease Protector Pros:
- Comes in a pack of two
- Forms a mold inside the shoes
- Odor-less crease-protective layer
- Well-ventilated and washable.
Sneak Geek Shoe Crease Protector Cons:
- Some people have found that they are difficult to insert into the shoe.
- There have been reports of the crease protectors hurting the feet while walking.
- These are primarily used for Men’s sneakers only and only up to size 12 feet.
Ergo Anti-Wrinkle Shoe Crease Protectors (Easily customizable)
These Ergo shoe crease protectors are a great option if you’re looking for something that’s easily customizable. They come in a pack of six, which is enough to protect multiple pairs of shoes. They are made from a soft and flexible silicone material and holes for ventilation that can be trimmed to fit your shoes. However, they are not recommended to be used tight while working out.
Ergo Anti-Wrinkle Shoe Protector Pros:
- Made from soft and flexible silicone material
- It may be trimmed to match your shoes.
- Holes for ventilation.
Ergo Anti-Wrinkle Shoe Protector Cons:
- Not recommended to be used tight while working out.
- Some users have reported difficulty inserting their feet into the shoes.
SNKRHOLIC Sunshine Shoe Crease Protectors (Best For Color Variety)
These SNKRHOLIC shoe crease protectors come in a variety of colors to choose from. They are made from a soft PE and TPR material that is durable and comfortable and can be trimmed to fit your shoes.
Additionally, each order comes with two red, two yellow, and two orange crease guards.
SNKRHOLIC Crease Protector Pros:
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Made from soft PE and TPR material
- It can be trimmed to fit your shoes.
SNKRHOLIC Crease Protector Cons:
- Some individuals have reported difficulty inserting their feet into the shoe.
Crep Protect Sneaker Guards Crease Protector (Best Scented)
These Crep sneaker guards are a great option to protect your shoes from creases. They come in a pack of two and are made from gel-padded material that is breathable, durable, and comfortable.
Additionally, these crease protectors come with a tropical fragrance for added freshness.
Crep Sneaker Guard Pros:
- Each pair contains two crease protectors.
- Made from gel-padded material
- Breathable and comfortable
- Comes with a tropical fragrance.
Crep Sneaker Guard Cons:
- Some people have found that they are uncomfortable on their feet.
- There have been reports of the sneaker guards not staying in place.
How To Use Shoe Crease Protectors?
Using shoe toe box crease protectors is fairly straightforward. If you’re using an insert, simply put it into the toe of your shoe before you put your foot in.
If you’re using an external protector, attach it to the outside of your shoe in the area where you typically see creases. But, again, you may need to experiment with a few different positions to find the sweet spot.
After placing the crease guards in your shoes, simply put them on and carry on with your day. You’ll probably forget they’re there until you take your shoes off at the end of the day and realize how effectively they’ve protected them!
Buying Shoe Crease Protectors in 2023 – What to Consider
When choosing a shoe crease protector, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, consider the material. Some materials may be more comfortable than others. You’ll also want to ensure that the material is durable and won’t rub against your foot.
- Second, think about the size of the protector. You’ll want to make sure it’s not too big or too small for your shoe. If it’s too big, it may not stay in place. It may not provide adequate protection from creasing if it’s too small.
- Finally, consider the price. Shoe crease protectors range in price from a few dollars to upwards of $20. Choose the one that fits your budget and needs.
What Are Sneaker Shields?
Sneaker shields are a great way to keep your sneakers looking new, no matter how often you wear them. They’re made from a thin, clear material that helps to prevent creasing and yellowing – two of the most common issues with sneakers.
You simply peel and stick them onto the inside of your shoes, and they’ll do their job!
Shoe Crease Protectors FAQs
What Are Toe Box Crease Protectors?
Toe box crease protectors help to protect the toe area of your shoes from getting creased.
It’s recommended that you do this every 15 to 20 days or as needed. As with all leather shoes, dress shoes and other closed-toe shoes are particularly prone to wrinkling.
What Are The Best Shoe Crease Protectors Made Of?
Toe box crease protectors are typically made from a soft, flexible material that conforms to the shape of your toe box. This helps to distribute the pressure evenly and prevent creasing – thus keeping your shoes anti-wrinkle.
Why Should You Buy Toe Box Crease Protectors?
Most people don’t think about creases in their shoes until they start to see them. By then, it’s often too late to prevent the damage. Creases can make your shoes look old and worn, even if they’re not. Creasing can also be painful if they rub against your foot while you’re walking or running.
There are a few different types of crease guards available on the market.
Some are made from silicone or other flexible materials that you insert into the toe of your shoe. Others are made from stiffer materials that you attach to the outside of your shoe.
Whichever type you choose, make sure it’s comfortable and won’t rub against your foot.
What are PE and TPR in shoe crease protectors?
Do crease protector inserts really work?
Yes, crease protectors can help prevent creases from forming in your shoes. However, they will not completely prevent creases from happening.
How long do crease protector inserts last?
Crease protectors can last for multiple wears. However, they will eventually need to be replaced.
Do I need to trim my crease protector?
You may need to trim your crease protector to get the best fit. However, not all crease protectors need to be trimmed.
Can I use toe box crease protectors while working out?
No, you should not use crease protectors while working out. They can cause discomfort and may not stay in place.
I use a different pair of shoes exclusively for working out and suggest you do the same. I know I’m going to get creases in my workout shoes and that’s ok.
Workout shoes should be about comfort and support. Leave those special and often super pricey shoes at home.
Are foam or plastic toe box crease protectors better?
There is no definitive answer as to whether foam or plastic crease protectors are better. It depends on your personal preference.
Some customers claim that foam crease protectors are softer than plastic ones and therefore more comfortable. Others find that plastic crease protectors are more durable.
Do I need to remove my crease protector before washing my shoes?
Yes, you should remove your crease protector before washing your shoes. Otherwise, they may get damaged in the wash.
I typically do not recommend putting your shoes in the washing machine unless it’s a old pair that you don’t mind getting damaged. Check out my article on how to clean leather shoes instead.
The Best Shoe Crease Protectors – My Final Thoughts
Shoe crease protectors are a great way to keep your shoes looking new.
I’ve provided a list of the best shoe crease protectors on the market in 2023, as well as a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right protector for your needs. Here is a quick recap for you!
- ForceField Shoe Toe Box Crease Protectors – Best Overall.
- URATOT Shoe Crease Protectors – Best Budget-Friendly Option.
- Sneak Geek Shoe Crease Protectors – Best for Men’s Sneakers
- Ergo Anti-Wrinkle Shoe Crease Protectors, – Easily Customizable.
- SNKRHOLIC Sunshine Shoe Crease Protectors – Best for a Variety of Colors.
- Crep Protect Sneaker Guards Crease Protectors – Best Smelling. They’re Scented!
Whether you’re looking for something that’s easily customizable, durable, or that comes in a variety of colors, I’m sure you’ll find the perfect shoe crease protector for your pair of shoes. Thanks for reading!