Disclosure: Heads up, savvy reader! My name is Tim Schroeder. Your favorite shoe expert. Clicking on our links could lead you to fantastic finds, and it might even make my day a little brighter with a small commission. Win-win! Just so you know, the sneakerheads here at LearnAboutShoes make every effort to test and thoroughly research the products we recommend. Enjoy the article!
Hey there, tennis player! Are you looking for the best insoles for tennis shoes? Look no further! I’ve got you covered.
In this blog post, I’m going to review the top eight best insoles for tennis shoes in 2023 based on factors such as support, cushioning, durability, and price. I’ll also give you some tips on how to choose the right insoles for your needs.
As a tennis enthusiast myself, I know how important it is to have good insoles in my shoes because insoles can help improve performance, and make playing tennis more enjoyable.
But with so many different insoles on the market, knowing which ones are the best can be tough. That’s why I’ve done the research for you.
I’m going to give you my honest and unbiased reviews of the top 8 best insoles for tennis shoes. I’ll tell you what I liked and disliked about each insole, and I’ll help you to choose the perfect pair for your feet.
Whether you’re a casual player like me or a competitive athlete, there’s an insole on this list that’s right for you. So stay tuned!
Best Insoles for Tennis Shoes: My Top 8 Picks!
Here are my top eight picks for the best insoles for tennis shoes, available all on Amazon:
Elevate your game and experience unmatched comfort with CURREX ACEPRO insoles. Designed specifically for tennis shoes, these insoles provide dynamic arch support, optimal pressure distribution, and shock absorption to help you perform at your best.
CURREX ACEPRO insoles feature Dynamic Arch Technology to distribute weight evenly underfoot, reducing negative movement and wasting power. A shock pad adds cushioning to protect your feet from impact, while a rebound push pad provides greater agility and propulsion.
The deep heel cup helps to stabilize your foot and prevent injuries, while the forefoot cushioning provides additional comfort and support. Air vent holes promote airflow to keep your feet cool and dry.
CURREX ACEPRO insoles are perfect for tennis players of all levels, from beginners to professionals. They can also be worn for other active sports such as pickleball, badminton, squash, volleyball, and racquetball.
Benefits of CURREX ACEPRO insoles:
- Increased comfort and support
- Improved performance and agility
- Reduced risk of injuries
- Airflow for a better climate
- Versatility for a variety of active sports
Replace after 600 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
Order your CURREX ACEPRO insoles today and experience the difference!
Dr. Scholl’s ® Revitalize Recovery Orthotics Insoles are designed to help you recover faster and more effectively from a long day of activity or an injury. They feature targeted stimulating bubbles that massage your feet with every step, helping to improve circulation, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
These insoles are also designed to provide support and stability to your feet, which can help to prevent further injuries. They are trim-to-fit, so they can be used in any type of shoe, from athletic sneakers to dress shoes.
Here are some of the benefits of using Dr. Scholl’s ® Revitalize Recovery Orthotics Insoles:
- Reduced muscle fatigue and soreness
- Improved circulation and blood flow
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Promoted healing from injuries
- Increased support and stability for the feet
- Reduced risk of further injuries
Dr. Scholl’s ® Revitalize Recovery Orthotics Insoles are a great option for anyone who is on their feet all day, athletes, people with injuries, and anyone who wants to improve their overall foot health and well-being.
The Powerstep Pinnacle Plus Metatarsal Pain Relief Orthotics are full-length, total contact support shoe inserts that feature a metatarsal pad to help alleviate ball of foot pain in men and women. They also provide firm but flexible arch support to help relieve and prevent flat feet, pronation, and other foot problems.
These insoles are made with premium dual-layer cushioning for enhanced comfort from heel to toe. They are also non-slip and can be worn in a variety of athletic shoes.
People who want to improve their foot health and performance can also use these insoles. They are a great option for athletes, people who work on their feet all day, and anyone who wants to reduce their risk of foot injuries.
Benefits of the Powerstep Pinnacle Plus Metatarsal Pain Relief Orthotics:
- Alleviate ball of foot pain
- Provide firm but flexible arch support
- Relieve and prevent flat feet, pronation, and other foot problems
- Enhance comfort from heel to toe
- It can be worn in a variety of athletic shoes
The Physix Gear Sport Arch Support Insoles are designed to provide steady arch support and relief from a variety of foot and leg conditions, including:
- Flat feet
- Runner’s knee
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Metatarsal arch and heel aches
- Metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain)
- Patellofemoral syndrome (knee pain)
- Low back pain
These insoles are low-profile, lightweight, and ultra-thin, so that they can be worn in a variety of shoe types, including boots, booties, slippers, dress shoes, running shoes, and sneakers. They also have a non-slip heel to keep them securely in place.
The Physix Gear Sport Arch Support Insoles are made with dual base layered high-performance EVA foam and PU material, which helps to correct abnormal walking patterns and relieve pain and discomfort. They also have a deep heel cradle for stability and a premium lining that stays in place.
These insoles are ideal for people who stand all day, work on their feet, or participate in physical activities. They are also a good choice for people suffering from any foot and leg conditions listed above.
Benefits of the Physix Gear Sport Arch Support Insoles:
- Steady arch support
- Relief from a variety of foot and leg conditions
- Low-profile, lightweight, and ultra-thin design
- Non-slip heel
- Made with premium materials
- Ideal for people who stand all day, work on their feet, or participate in physical activities
- Recommended by foot care specialists
The HapJump Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief and Arch Support Insoles with Motion Control are designed to relieve plantar fasciitis and other foot pain and improve foot alignment and support.
These insoles feature a podiatrist-recommended arch support that helps to stabilize and support the foot. They also have a shock-absorbing layer that helps to reduce impact on the feet and legs. The insoles are made with premium EVA material and have a velvety, breathable cover for comfort.
The HapJump Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief and Arch Support Insoles can be trimmed to fit in a variety of shoe types, including athletic shoes, walking/running shoes, work shoes, and some casual shoes.
Benefits of the HapJump Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief and Arch Support Insoles:
- Relief from plantar fasciitis and other foot pain
- Improved foot alignment and support
- Shock absorption to reduce impact on the feet and legs
- Premium EVA material for comfort and durability
- Velvety breathable cover
- Trim to fit in a variety of shoe types
Superfeet All-Purpose Support, High Arch Insoles are designed to provide maximum support and comfort for people with high arches. They are ideal for people suffering from common foot, arch, heel, and plantar fasciitis.
These insoles feature a deep heel cup that works with the body’s natural cushioning to provide maximum support. They also have a sculpted heel cup that cradles the heel to maximize natural shock absorption.
The Superfeet All-Purpose Support High Arch Insoles, are made with high-density closed-cell foam that supports the whole foot. They also have a moisture-wicking top cover that helps to reduce odors and keep feet fresh.
Superfeet insoles are designed to be trimmed to fit most roomy footwear styles with factory insoles that can be removed. They are durable and provide long-lasting comfort and support.
Benefits of the Superfeet All-Purpose Support High Arch Insoles:
- Maximum support for high arches
- Relief from common foot pain, arch pain, heel pain, and plantar fasciitis
- Natural NXT anti-bacteria coating
- Latex-free and vegan
- Durable construction adds comfort, support, and structure to shoes
CRUVHEAL Sport Insoles are designed to provide exceptional cushioning, impact protection, and stability for athletes of all levels. The strategically placed gel pads absorb shock from every step, allowing you to push your limits confidently.
The deep heel cup securely cradles your feet, providing support for your entire body. The non-slip gel heel pads ensure that the insoles stay in place during intense workouts.
CRUVHEAL Sport Insoles also help to reduce stress on joints, knees, and the lower back, minimizing the risk of common injuries such as strains, fractures, dislocations, tendonitis, and shin splints.
These insoles are suitable for a variety of sports shoes, including running shoes, tennis shoes, basketball shoes, soccer cleats, and more. They also fit well in loose-fitting shoes, providing enhanced comfort.
Benefits of CRUVHEAL Sport Shock Absorbing Insoles:
- Exceptional cushioning and impact protection
- Secure design for stability and support
- Reduces stress on joints, knees, and the lower back
- Minimizes the risk of common injuries
- Suitable for a variety of sports shoes and loose-fitting shoes
The GobalTrend Tennis Shoe Insoles for Men is designed to provide comprehensive support and comfort, regardless of your activity level. They are made with bio-based materials, and feature PORON advanced cushioning for extra shock absorption and impact protection.
The GobalTrend Tennis Shoe Insoles also feature a U-shaped arch support design and lateral anti-sprain film to minimize ankle injuries and enhance stability. They are also sweat-absorbing and breathable to keep your feet cool and dry during even the most intense workouts.
Benefits of GobalTrend Tennis Shoe Insoles for Men:
- Comprehensive support and comfort
- Made with bio-based materials
- PORON advanced cushioning for shock absorption and impact protection
- U-shaped arch support design and lateral anti-sprain film to minimize ankle injuries and enhance stability
- Sweat-absorbing and breathable
- Alleviates foot pain and plantar fasciitis
- Perfect for tennis, work, walking, and other sports
What Are Different Types of Insole for Tennis Shoes?
There are two main types of insoles for tennis shoes: over-the-counter insoles and custom orthotics.
Over-the-counter insoles are mass-produced insoles that are available at most sporting goods stores. They are typically less expensive than custom orthotics, but they may not provide the same level of support or cushioning.
On the other hand, custom orthotics are insoles made specifically for your feet. A podiatrist or other medical professional typically makes them. Custom orthotics can be more expensive than over-the-counter insoles, but they can provide a better fit and more support.
Within these two main categories, there are a variety of different types of insoles available. Some of the most common types of insoles include:
- Arch support insoles: These insoles are designed to provide support for the arches of your feet. They can be helpful for people with a variety of foot problems, including flat feet, high arches, plantar fasciitis, and overpronation.
Arch support insoles work by lifting the arches of the feet and distributing weight more evenly. This can help to reduce pain and inflammation, improve stability, and prevent injuries.
- Cushioning insoles: The cushioning insoles are shoe inserts designed to absorb shock and cushion the feet. They can be helpful for people with a variety of foot problems, including plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and metatarsalgia.
- Motion control insoles: Motion control insoles are shoe inserts that are designed to control the movement of the feet and ankles. They can be helpful for people with overpronation, which is a condition in which the feet roll inward excessively when walking or running.
Overpronation can put stress on the feet and ankles, and it can increase the risk of injuries such as plantar fasciitis, shin splints, and ankle sprains. Motion control insoles can help to reduce overpronation and improve stability, which can help to prevent injuries and improve athletic performance.
It is important to choose the right type of insoles for your individual needs. If you are unsure which type of insoles are right for you, consult with a podiatrist or other medical professional.
How to Choose the Best Insoles for Tennis Shoes?
Here are some tips for choosing insoles for tennis shoes:
Tip #1: Consider Your Arch Type
Your arch type is the shape of the arch of your foot. It is important to consider your arch type when choosing insoles for tennis shoes, as different arch types require different levels of support.
- Flat feet: People with flat feet have little to no arch. This can cause the foot to roll inward too much when walking or running, which can lead to pain and injuries. Flat feet need insoles with high arch support to help prevent overpronation.
- High arches: People with high arches have a high arch and a narrow heel. This can cause the foot to roll outward too much when walking or running, which can also lead to pain and injuries. High arches need insoles with low arch support to help distribute weight more evenly.
- Medium arches: People with medium arches have an arch that is somewhere in between flat feet and high arches. Medium arches need insoles with medium arch support.
How to Determine Your Arch Type?
There are a few ways to determine your arch type. One way is to look at the wet footprint you leave on a piece of paper. If your entire foot is wet, you have flat feet. If only the ball of your foot and your heel are wet, you have high arches. If something is in between, you have medium arches.
Another way to determine your arch type is to stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and look at the inside of your ankles. If your ankles tilt inward, you have flat feet. If your ankles tilt outward, you have high arches. If your ankles are straight, you have medium arches.
If you are unsure of your arch type, you can ask a podiatrist or other healthcare professional for help.
Tip #2: Consider Your Activity Level
Your activity level is another important factor to consider when choosing insoles for tennis shoes.
If you are a competitive tennis player, you will need insoles that provide high support and cushioning. This is because competitive tennis involves a lot of quick lateral movements and jumping, which puts a lot of stress on the feet.
If you are a recreational tennis player, you can get away with insoles that provide less support and cushioning. However, choosing insoles that provide a comfortable fit and good support is still important.
Here are some recommendations for choosing Tennis insoles based on your activity level:
- Competitive tennis players: Competitive tennis players should choose insoles that provide high support and cushioning. Some good options include Superfeet Green, Powerstep Pinnacle, and CurrexRun Pro.
- Recreational tennis players: Recreational tennis players can choose insoles that provide moderate support and cushioning. Some good options include Superfeet Blue, Powerstep Pulse, and CurrexRun.
- Tennis players with pain: Tennis players with pain, such as plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendonitis, should choose insoles that provide extra support and cushioning in the affected area. Some good options include Orange Full Length G Fits and Physix Gear Sport Arch Support Insoles.
If you are unsure which insoles are right for your activity level, ask a salesperson for help or consult with a podiatrist.
Tip #3: Consider Your Budget
Insole replacement for Tennis Shoes can range in price from around $10 to $50. Yes, that’s a pretty big price range. It is important to find insoles that fit your budget and provide the level of support and cushioning that you need.
Here are some tips for finding tennis shoe insoles on a budget:
- Look for sales and discounts – Many retailers offer sales and discounts on insoles throughout the year.
- Consider buying generic insoles – Generic insoles are often cheaper than name-brand ones. However, it is important to ensure that the generic insoles you choose provide the level of support and cushioning you need.
- Buy in bulk – If you know that you will need insoles for a long time, you can save money by buying in bulk.
If you are on a tight budget, it is important to prioritize your needs. If you have foot pain or injuries, investing in a good pair of insoles that can help relieve your pain and prevent further injury is important.
However, if you are looking for insoles to provide additional support and cushioning, you can get away with a cheaper pair of insoles.
Here are some additional tips for choosing insoles for tennis shoes:
- Make sure the insoles fit snugly in your shoes. They should not be too loose or too tight.
- Replace your insoles every 6-12 months or more often if they become worn or damaged.
- If you have foot pain or injuries, consult a podiatrist to get recommendations for the best insoles for you.
Best Insoles for Tennis Shoes – My Final Thoughts
The best insoles for tennis shoes will depend on your individual needs and preferences. However, some of the most popular and highly-rated insoles are included in the list to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
If you are unsure which insoles are right for you, consulting with a podiatrist or other medical professional is best. They can help you assess your individual needs and recommend the best insoles for your feet.
CURREX ACEPRO Stability Insoles for Tennis Shoes is my number one choice for the best insoles for tennis shoes. They are designed specifically for tennis players and provide high support and cushioning. They also have a deep heel cup that helps to improve stability and prevent injuries on my feet. It’s an all-in-one, and I really like it.
I hope this helps you choose the best insoles for your tennis shoes and improve your comfort and performance on the court.